The Houston Alumnae Chapter’s Financial Empowerment committee is committed to:
Below are the objectives for the 2021-2023 biennium:
- Promote and Support local African American businesses in the Greater Houston Area.
- Coordinate with local financial professionals to provide educational workshops related to building wealth; homeownership, credit & debt management; understanding health, property, and life insurance; and leaving a legacy.
- Encourage women by developing effective saving strategies to reach their short and long term financial goals.
- Educate pre and post retirees on the financial pitfalls in retirement and how to build an effective income stream in retirement.
Upcoming events for 2021-22
- HAC Savings Challenge 4.0: September 2021 to March 2021
- Red Table Talk Financial Series (Virtual): October, November, December, and February
- Financial Literacy Workshop: Life in Retirement: April 2021
- National Financial Literary Month: April 2021