International Awareness & Involvement
The International Awareness & Involvement Mission is “to promote and enhance global citizenship within our sisterhood, by broadening the knowledge and understanding of other nations, increasing interest in international affairs and developing a greater appreciation for different backgrounds and cultures.”
The HAC International Awareness & Involvement (IAI) Committee is committed to this mission by providing financial support to Grand Chapter through the IAI Sustainability Plan for the seven approved international projects:
- Adelaide Tambo School (South Africa)
- Delta House/Vashti Village (Swaziland)
- DST School Cynthia Butler McIntyre Campus (Haiti)
- Mary Help of the Sick Hospital (Kenya)
- I CAN FLY International (Kenya)
- Muindi Mbingu Boys Secondary School (Kenya)
- T.R.E.E. – Training Resources for Early Education (South Africa)
HAC IAI provides additional financial support through the Blazing Southwest Region to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Elementary School, The Cynthia M.A. Butler-McIntyre Campus in Chérette, Haiti for meals, staffing and facility improvements at the campus.
HAC IAI further supports this mission by hosting an annual World AIDS Day event and partnering with community organizations to promote HIV/AIDS awareness, identify support services and commemorate individuals that lost their lives to the disease.
Past and future projects include:
- Adopt a Community Area School
- HAC Education Sponsorship Beyond Our Boarders
- International Day of Education
- K.I.N.D. Funds – Kids In Need of Desks
- World Diabetes Day
- World Teachers Day
- The Bucket Project
- International Literacy Day
- Honduras Pillowcase Dresses Project
- Delta Days at the Nations Capitol
For more information about HAC International Awareness & Involvement Programs and how to participate, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.